UPDATED WITH NEW LINKS (Nov 19, 2014)
These are by far some of the best marijuana documentaries to date. All of them are eye-opening and most of them make a serious case for the legalization of marijuana and/or medical marijuana. Except for Reefer Madness, I threw that in for a different reason. Sit back, spark a fat one up, and get ready to have your mind blown. Watch the streaming videos after the break! I personally like “The Union”, it was quite interesting.
1. Grass: The History of Marijuana (1999) Narrated by Woody Harrelson
2. The Union (2007)
3. In Pot We Trust (2007)
4. Marijuana Inc. Inside America’s Pot Industry (2009)
5. Run From the Cure: The Rick Simpson Story (2008)
6. Reefer Madness (1936) – A great look at the scare tactics used against marijuana.
7. Hemp for Victory (1942)
8. Super High Me (2007)
9. Emperor of Hemp (1999) The Story of Jack Herer
And for the last two I couldn’t find anywhere online to watch, but they are both very good. You can probably rent it through Netflix or something like that.
10. Waiting to Inhale: Marijuana, Medicine, and the Law (2005)
Waiting to Inhale covers medical marijuana and the life of Robert Randall, the first medical marijuana patient in the United States. He won a court case back in the 1976 to use cannabis on the basis of medical necessity for his glaucoma. Not only did he receive a monthly supply of marijuana, it was supplied by none other than the federal government. Not many people know, but there was a federally run medical marijuana program that ran for only a few years that started with his victorious court case in 1976. In all there were 13 that received medical marijuana, and of those 13, the ones still living still receive that marijuana to this day legally.
Last but not least:
11. High: The True Tale of American Marijuana (2008)